What is the Stage 2 Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment?
The NSW Government has invested $632 million in the Stage 2 redevelopment of Campbelltown Hospital, delivering contemporary health care services for the community. The project is being delivered by Health Infrastructure in partnership with South Western Sydney Local Health District and is due for completion in late 2023.
What will the project mean for the local community?
A new clinical services building will be delivered and existing buildings will be refurbished. More clinical services and medical specialities will be available at the hospital, providing the local community with access to a broad range of healthcare close to home. The redevelopment will also improve our ability to manage more patients, provide better access to hospital services, food and retail outlets, a multi-storey car park and more employment opportunities.
Who is building the hospital?
The project builder is CPB Contractors, one of Australia’s most experienced hospital builders.
Is the local community being consulted?
Community consultation is a core component of the redevelopment. This has included information sessions, newsletters, website, pop-up stands and community meetings.
Will there be more car parking?
Modifications to existing car parks and a new multi-storey car park will address current and future demand for parking at Campbelltown Hospital.
Construction of the new multi-storey car park commenced in late 2018 and the facility was completed in early 2020.
Who will benefit from the project?
The redevelopment will provide enhanced care for the community, close to home. Staff will have the opportunity to work in a modern facility and the local economy will benefit through more jobs and investment.
Will patient care be impacted during construction?
Patients will experience no reduction in the high quality of care provided by Campbelltown Hospital.
Will there be enough staff once the redevelopment is completed?
The redevelopment will be supported by a workforce plan to train, recruit and retain staff to meet the future growth of Campbelltown Hospital.
What will be delivered in the redevelopment?
Key features include:
• New 12-storey clinical services building with modern wards and patient facilities
• New emergency department with more treatment spaces
• State-of-the-art new operating theatres and intensive care unit
• Increased medical and surgical children’s services
• Enhanced women’s health services including new birthing suites and maternity ward
• Expanded and centrally located mental health units
• Increased cancer, and ambulatory care services
• Expanded medical imaging services
• New nuclear medicine and dental services
• New multi-storey car park.
How can I stay up-to-date on the project's progress?
Get the latest Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment news by:
• Following us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/campbelltownhospital
• Visiting our website - www.campbelltownredevelopment.health.nsw.gov.au
• Emailing us - SWSLHD-Campbelltown HospitalRedevelopment @health.nsw.gov.au