The redevelopment funding has come at an important time because the area is experiencing unprecedented population growth.
- By 2031 there will be 58% more people (a growth rate more than double that for the rest of NSW)
- By 2045 there will be 111,560 more houses, and an additional 311,000 people within the south west growth corridor
- An increase of 58% of children aged between 0-14 years by 2031
- People aged 70+ years to increase by 144% by 2031
To meet the health care needs of our growing community the redevelopment will focus on health services for children and women, mental health services and older persons health care. The Hospital will also provide care for more complex illnesses, diseases and trauma.
Who will benefit from this project?
- Every inpatient, outpatient, consumer, volunteer, staff member and visitor will experience a more seem less healthcare experience
- Children and their families from Wollondilly, Camden, Campbelltown and the wider south western Sydney community will have access to expanded children health care services
- Staff will have the opportunity to work in a modern and cutting-edge facility
- The local economy will benefit from more local jobs and investment